Perfect for a Saturday morning! Top with berries, maple syrup, chocolate sauce or some hemp, chia, or flax seeds! Best part is...they are oil-free!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or blueberries (optional)
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a small bowl, let sit for 10 minutes
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add rest of wet ingredients into milk mixture
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the pan. Since it is quite thick, spread/smooth into a circle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side. When you can easily slide a spatula under, flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.