Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies
Best vegan cut-out cookies for the holidays! Perfect to decorate with the family and even to make a gingerbread house with!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, add flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, cloves, and baking soda
- In a medium bowl, add sugar and butter. Cream together until light and fluffy
- Add molasses, applesauce, and 2 tablespoons milk to the bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl. Stir until a dough forms, adding a little flour at a time if it's too sticky. Don't add too much flour
- Knead dough a few times until it comes together
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, set in the fridge for least an hour
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly flour a flat surface or roll in between pieces of plastic wrap. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick
- Use cookie cutters to cut the dough
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!