Acai bowls have become one of my favorite breakfasts nowadays and I wanted to share my favorite combination. Smoothie bowls are such an easy meal or snack and my favorite part is always the toppings! Acai is a berry that is native to Central and South America. They grow on the acai palm tree and have some amazing health benefits. The berry itself has more antioxidants than all other berries, has anti-aging, and weight-loss properties according to recent research. Acai is another superfood I have no problem adding to my diet. It is usually sold in a purée form in freezer section. I prefer to get the unsweetened variety. This recipe is very easy to change to your liking. You can use any frozen fruit that you like or change up the toppings. This recipe is just a guideline to follow when making your own acai bowl.
- 1 packet frozen acai purée (run under warm water for 10 seconds)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup water (juice and coconut water work great as well)
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 handful Oil-Free Granola
- 2 tbs cacao nibs
- 2 tbs hemp seeds
- drizzle of agave nectar
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add acai, bananas, berries, pineapple, mango, and water
- Blend until thick and smooth. There should be no chunks of fruit left
- Pour into a bowl and top with sliced banana, granola, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, and a drizzle of agave nectar
- Enjoy quickly before it melts!