Breakfast Parfait + Chia Seed Pudding
This parfait has become a new favorite breakfast! It is perfect for quick morning breakfasts! It is super easy to put together and tastes AMAZING! Chia seeds are such a versatile superfood that can be used in many ways. You can replace an egg with a chia egg, you can blend them into smoothies for extra nutrients, add them on top of smoothie bowls, or make chia seed pudding. Chia seed to pudding is so healthy because the gelatinous nature of the pudding helps clear the digestive track and push out toxins from the body. Chia pudding is a perfect breakfast for on the go or to top a smoothie bowl. I always make my pudding the night before I eat it and then let it set in the fridge overnight. That way when I wake up in the morning, it's already to go. It is also perfect for meal prepping! If you don't like the chia seed texture, you can always blend all the ingredients with a blender for 1 minute. Feel free to add cacao powder, maca powder, greens powder, ginger, (the list goes on & on) to this pudding recipe!
- Your favorite smoothie bowl
- 1.5 cups non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, hemp, hazelnut, etc)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2-4 tbs sweetener (maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar, etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- In a small bowl or jar, combine all the ingredients until everything is evenly mixed
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight, to gel
- Once the chia seed pudding has gelled, remove from the fridge
- Make your favorite smoothie bowl, try using one of my recipes
- Layer the smoothie bowl with the pudding and enjoy!