Easy Vegan Chili
Such an easy recipe to throw together in a pinch! Easily made in a crock pot or pressure cooker. And great for meal prepping! Try it with some corn bread too! Perfect balance of spice, beans, and tomato!
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbs chili powder (or more for spicier)
- 15 oz can of each of kidney, black and garbanzo beans (be sure to rinse well)
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbs maple syrup or sugar
- sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until tender
- add spices and cook additional 1 - 2 minutes
- add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute
- add remaining ingredients and heat, covered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30 min.
- serve with cornbread or tortilla chips!
(also feel free to add any type for veggies or beans to this or TVP for a meatier texture)