Easy French Toast
This french toast is perfect for a cozy saturday morning! So easy and delicious. Slightly sweet with warm spices! Great way to use up some stale bread.
- 4 thick cut slices of crusty bread
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 flax egg (3 tbs ground flax, 5 tbs water)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs liquid sweetener (agave, maple syrup)
- In a shallow dish, add milk, flax egg, spices, vanilla, and sweetener
- Preheat nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat
- Dip each slice of bread in mixture for about 5 seconds on each side
- Place in pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Serve with fruit and maple syrup and enjoy!