Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best vegan chocolate chip cookies you'll ever have! Soft and chewy on the inside but crisp of the outside! Made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your house!
1 Tbsp ground flax + 3 Tbsp water
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Earth Balance butter*
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F. Place a piece of parchment over a baking sheet, or lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Combine the flax seed and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the room-temperature butter (I place the cold butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds) in another bowl. Add the sugars and whisk vigorously for about 2 minutes. It should become light and fluffy and be a light beige color.
- Add the flax mixture and the vanilla to the butter mix, and whisk well until combined.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mixture and stir together with a rubber spatula or wood spoon just until combined - do not overmix. Add the chocolate chips and gently fold into the batter.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoon onto the baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating once, until just barely beginning to brown on the bottom. They will look underdone on top. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and let cool 10 minutes before enjoying - if you can wait!