Pesto is such a classic pasta, pizza, and sandwich topping. The classic recipes have a lot of oil and fat. That's why I'm here to give you a healthier option to the favorite sauce. This recipe is oil free and made with cashews instead of pine nuts! It's super easy and quick to make and perfect as leftovers throughout the week! I enjoyed mine with zoodles which I made in this recipe, or you can have it on the classic pizza, sandwich or pasta!
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews, at least 6 hours
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1-4 tbs water, depending on desired consistency
- In a blender or food processor, blend cashews, fresh herbs, and lemon juice until smooth. May need to add some of the water
- Add the spices and blend again
- Add in more water if necessary
- Serve with fresh zoodles, pizza, pasta, wraps, or sandwiches!