Pink Raspberry Pancakes
These pancakes are so cute & fun! Perfect for Valentine's Day or any day to cheer you up! I love making my food fun colors...I think it makes it taste better :) No artificial colors in these bad boys! Only natural color from plant foods. I never recommend using artificial coloring in your food, or anything for that matter. Food dye is not real food, it's just chemicals put together in a lab. Blah. There are so many ways to get a beautiful pink color naturally. I chose to make a syrup but feel free to experiment! Make these pancakes for your loved ones (or just for yourself) & they are sure to put a smile on their face! They are oil-free & refined sugar-free. These pancakes can also be made gluten-free & grain-free as well!
Raspberry Syrup (aka the pink color)
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the water & raspberries in a small saucepan
- Heat on medium-low for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When it is done, the raspberries should have broken down and become bubbly & fairly thick
- Using a fine mesh strainer, press the syrup through, hopefully leaving the seeds & pulp behind. This process gives you a perfectly smooth syup
- Use in the pancakes or store in the fridge for drizzling or spreading
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat, oat, buckwheat, etc)
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup raspberry syrup
- 2 tbs unsweetened apple sauce
In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, & coconut sugar) with a whisk/spatula
Add in the non dairy milk, syrup, & apple sauce
Gently fold together until there are no more lumps of flour
Preheat a nonstick pan on medium-low heat
Form pancakes in the pan using about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake
Cook on each side for 5-6 minutes, you don't want them too dark or else you won't be able to see the pretty color!
When you flip them, they should look slightly dry on top with bubbles
Once you have used all of your batter you can get creative with your topping & presentation! After all these are PINK PANCAKES!! I like to cut some out using heart cookie cutters to add some extra cuteness! I love adding sliced bananas, a drizzle of almond butter, coconut, & cacao nibs! Feel free to do what you like!