Spring Rolls + Peanut Sauce
During the hot summer months I like to eat light meals that don't take a lot of time to make. These spring rolls are perfect! They require very little effort to make and taste amazing! Especially with the homemade peanut sauce! They are easy to take on the go too! You can stuff them with so many fresh veggies and herbs and make lots of combinations of dipping sauces! I kept it very simple in this recipe but feel free to expand it and make lots of different rolls! Make sure to tag me on instagram or use the hashtag #vegancreations so I can see what you come up with for this recipe! The recipe video is at the bottom of this post!
- 5-6 Rice paper wraps (I used brown rice wraps)
- 1.5 Cups Cooked Rice noodles (I used flat noodles but vermicelli would be great as well)
- Fresh herbs (I used cilantro but basil or mint would be delicious too!)
- 1 Block Marinated Tofu (here is the marinade recipe, you can also use tempeh!)
- 2 Cups Thinly Sliced Veggies (I chose carrots and bell pepper but cucumber or even fruit like mango would be good)
- Prepare all of your ingredients before you start wrapping. I suggest chopping the veggies (you can use a mandolin or a sharp knife), picking your herbs, and cooking you tofu.
- Follow the package directions for the rice paper wraps and place down flat a clean surface
- Start by laying the herb leaves down flat in the center of the rice paper (the first ingredient you put down on the wrap will be on the outside)
- Then add the veggies and then the noodles. Try to keep them in the center as much as possible, this will be make rolling them up much easier.
- Next stack on the tofu
- Start to roll by folding in the two ends then wrap one long side and tuck it under the filings. Then pull the last side over and roll it up as tightly as you can, but try not to tear the paper (if that was hard to understand then watch the video down at the bottom of this post, I show you twice :)
- Make as many as you can with the ingridients you prepared
- Enjoy with a dipping sauce or all by themselves!
- 2 tbs Unsalted Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 tbs Soy Sauce, Tamari, or Braggs
- 1-2 tbs Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1-2 tbs water (depending on the consistency of your peanut butter, you may not need any)
In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, and sriracha and mix until a smooth paste forms
If the mixture is too stiff (it should be drippy) then add some water one teaspoon at a time
Serve with the spring rolls or in a stir-fry!