Cinnamon Streusel Zucchini Muffins
Muffins have become a staple for me lately! So easy to make, great for on the go, and they can easily be made healthy! I love packing mine with superfoods and maybe sneaking in a few veggies :) I love zucchini bread & muffins, but if you look at the typical recipe for those...the other unhealthy ingredients totally outweigh the health of the zucchini! So at the point what is even the point?!?! Since it is fall & I am craving some serious cinnamon action, I decided to turn them into cinnamon streusel muffins because why not!?! The streusel actually kind of tastes like a roasted marshmallow when it's cooked! So AMAZING! Not to mention these muffins are gluten-free, refined sugar free, and oil-free! What's not to love?!? Recipe video at the end of this post!
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk of choice
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups oat flour (or any other GF flour blend)
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, & almond milk
- Add the grated zucchini to a nut milk bag, and squeeze the liquid out
- Add the zucchini to the wet ingredients and fold together
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and gently mix. The batter should be relatively thick and sticky
- Line a cupcake tray with liners or coat with oil
- Scoop about 3/4 of the way up the sides of the tray
- Crumble some streusel on top (recipe below) of each muffin
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
- The muffins should be springy and the streusel should be golden brown
- Once they have come out of the oven, let them cool for 10-15 minutes
- Enjoy right away or save for later!
Also try making it into a loaf! Pour batter into a parchment lined loaf pan. Cover with the streusel and bake for 45-50 minutes at 350! Once it's completley cooked and golden brown on top, let cool for 20-30 minutes then slice it up! Try it warmed up with almond butter spread on top!!
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all three ingredients with a fork
- Should form a crumbly but moist mixture
- If it's too sticky, add some more almond flour, if it's too dry add a little more maple syrup
- Use on top of these muffins, an apple crumble, banana bread, the list goes on & on!!