Vegan Birthday Cake
Celebrate your birthday the right way with this easy and delicious vegan birthday cake! Made with simple ingredients and can easily be made gluten-free!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 ts baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold water (use room temp water if substituting coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup of oil (canola, coconut, etc)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8" or 9" round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; whisk to evenly distribute.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together water, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and combine with whisk. Do NOT overmix!
- Quickly pour into prepared pans and place into the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.